South Africa 2 France 1
Uruguay 1 Mexico 0
Argentina 2 Greece 0
South Korea 2 Nigeria 2
World Cup Kitchen for today is Greek Souvlaki.
Today was the last game for 4 teams at this World Cup. I had a choice of Greek or South African so I decided on the Greek option....in one of the off days later on in the tournament I will cook something from South Afica in homage to hosts of this World Cup.
Souvlaki can be eaten a number of ways….as a main course meal with accompanying salads or like I had it tonight in a fast food style wrap with chips, tzatziki and salad.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
500g Chicken Breast
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp fresh/dried oregano
2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
6 Tbsp Lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
- Cut your Chicken into long stripes (2inch thick)
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and mix together in a bowl
- For best results let chicken marinade overnight
- Place a metal skewer each side of your chicken breast
- Serve with a Fresh Salad, Chips and Tzatziki. Today I combined all together in some Lavash bread to form a Souvlaki Wrap.