Group C: The Republic of Ireland
Ireland are back in a Major Championships for the first time in 10 years and I wanted to do something special for the occasion. This stew is placed in an oven for 2-3 hours so once you get it together you can just sit back and relax. A tip I would give on it would be to get a good quality beef as then your meat will be very tender.
If you are interested in more Irish recipes here at Food Devil why not check out my Irish section which you can find here:
1Kg Stewing Beef
Clove of garlic
2 Tbsp tomato puree
250ml beef stock
2 Tbsp White flour
Tsp each cayenne pepper/salt/pepper
Medium sized plate
Large casserole dish
- Coursely chop onions, garlic & carrots
- Wash & peel potatoes
- Chop beef into medium sized pieces, removing the excess fat & muscle
- Mix together your flour & spices
- Mix your chopped meat in olive oil and then cover in flour
PREHEAT oven to 150C
- Meanwhile in your casserole dish start to cook your onions in a medium heat
- Add your carrots after 5 minutes and then a couple of minutes later add your beef and garlic
- Spoon in your tomato puree and cook gently for a few minutes.
- Now add your Guinness, beef stock and thyme
- Cover with casserole lid and cook in pre-heated oven for 2-3 hours or until beef is tender.
Bon Appetit – Mark Killilea