Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Spaghetti Bolognese

There are many ways to make a Spaghetti Bolognese & the debates on what is the best one are far ranging. For myself I like to keep it simple with 3 steps.

Step 1: When I make one I like to always make my Tomato Sauce
Step 2: Then separately I like to brown my mince & let half a glass of red wine absorb completely into the mince. After this has done I will now blend the meat in a food processor, the main reason I do this is twofold:
1.    The mince can be quite tough & blending it will really break it up & make it very tender
2.    The blended mince when added to your tomato sauce will now race up & down each individual piece of spaghetti when you serve it.
Step 3: I will fry some finely chopped onions, carrots & green pepper with garlic & chilli. Then I will add the tomato sauce & also blended mince.

All up you get a great taste & flavour, I am well aware there are other ways to make other versions but this is simply the one I use. Personally I try not to eat Pork meat so I don’t add pancetta to the sauce which is also very tasty, also pork mince can be used instead of beef mince ….again it’s all about personal preference

Serves 2        Cost of meal €5

Ingredients
Tomato Sauce recipe (2 servings)
150g Mince (beef or pork)
½ glass red wine
1 medium sized red onion
1 medium sized carrot
1/3 green paprika
1 clove garlic
200g Spaghetti
Grated Cheese (parmesan is best)
Optional:
1 devil eye chilli


Cooking Utensils

Chopping Board
Sharp Knife
Saucepan
Frying pan
Food Processor


Preparation

- Prepare & Cook the Tomato Sauce
- Finely chop carrots, onions & pepper in small even pieces
- Finely chop your garlic & chilli


Cooking
- In a frying pan on a medium heat brown your mince meat.
- When mince is browned remove excess fat & add your ½ glass of red wine
 
- Turn heat down to low-medium and let all the wine absorb completely into your mince
 

- When mince has absorbed all the wine remove from heat and transfer to a food processor and blitz for 5-10 second until all mince has been blended evenly
- Cook your Spaghetti as per cooking instructions
- In the same frying pan heat up some olive oil on a medium heat and cook your onions & carrots for 2-3 minutes
 
- Now add your peppers, garlic & chilli
 
- Cook for a further 5 minutes and now add your tomato sauce & minced meat to heat thru completely
- Drain spaghetti and mix in your Bolognese sauce
 

- Serve on a warm plate with grated cheese on top

ENJOY!!!

Above goes beautifully with my Mozzarella Garlic Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails