Powered By Blogger

Saturday 20 August 2011

The moment of truth has arrived.......

The time has come to pull the first of my carrots...at the start of the Summer I really had no clue what I was doing. I have definitely enjoyed the whole experience of getting to understand how this whole gardening lark works.

Anyhow lets see how they turned out


So all in all they are a success...I can remember planting 2 seeds per hole so this is why there is 2 sprouts in one.

Taste: I had them almost immediately after pulling them and I got to say they tasted great - very crisp, sweet & fresh.


Conclusion: The time spent versus the reward however is too great in my opinion.

I have already decided that next summer I will only plant tomatoes/peppers & strawberries...


Tomato update:
Its really make or break for the tomatoes I think, all this rain is starting to take its toll and now I just need 3 weeks of sun.....

But don't we all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails