Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Rooftop Gardening: An Introduction

The traditional view or thought of gardening is something I have never been overly interested in. I think it all stems from my teenage years having to mow our massive garden at home. But when I read an article about a unique gardening concept called Square Foot Gardening I was very keen to give it a go as this Spring/Summer is my first one being able to enjoy my new Roof Terrace.

As a starting point check out this introduction video to Square Foot Gardening

What I have decided to do in my situation is to focus on a patio style garden where I will have 2 smaller thinner (1,5ftx3ft & 1ftx3ft) versions of the standard 4ftx4ft concept. My main reason for this is that I want to be able to move the garden around the terrace as the terrace gets so much sun I what to be able to move to shady areas if/when it is needed.

As I said already I am pretty clueless when it comes to gardening so the coming months should make for interesting reading so make sure to come back to the blog as I will post regularly on how everything is going.

Aidan Kelly aka Food Devil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails