What I decided to do this time is a Vegetarian Quiche with Potato & Roast vegetables and I served it with a light salad
Serves 2: Makes 4 individual Quiches Cost of 4 Quiches: 4.50
4 Sheets of Frozen Shortcrust Pastry (pastry with yeast)
3 medium potatoes
1/3 red pepper
1 red onion
4 cherry tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
2 Tbsp Olive oil
Salt & Pepper
Tsp Grained Mustard
Handful of grated cheese
Handful Fresh Coriander leaves
Devil Eye Chilli
Large Muffin baking dish
Large mixing jug
Small saucepan for potatoes
- Peel potatoes & chop into even pieces
- Chop pepper, courgette & onion into even sized pieces
- Finely chop garlic, chilli & coriander
- Chop your tomato into 4 even sized pieces
- Chop up your mozzarella cheese
- Whisk together your eggs, cream & mustard
Preheat oven to 200C
- Brush your chopped peppers with your olive oil and place in a roasting dish in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes
- After the 10 minutes add the courgettes, onions & chopped chilli /garlic to the peppers. Brush again with olive oil (make sure all the vegetables are coated lightly with oil)
- After 5 minutes add your whole cherry tomatoes.
- Roast for a further 10 minutes stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender and beginning to brown.
- Parboil your potatoes in boiling water for 7 minutes.
- Let all your cooked vegetables get back to room temperature before adding into Quiche
- Grease your baking tins and line with 1 sheet of pastry.
Tip: as you are adding egg/cream mixture later, make sure that the pastry is out on all sides of the cup/tin to ensure that the liquid stays in teh mini-quiche and not down the sides
- Cover completely with tin foil and cook in a 200C oven for 15 minutes
- Remove tin foil and now you will want to build your individual quiches.
Tomato Slice – Mozzarella – Chopped Coriander – Tbsp Potato – Tbsp Roasted vegetables – Cherry Tomato.
- Gently pour in your egg/cream/mustard until it completely covers your vegetable mixture
- Top with grated cheese & black pepper
- Cook for a further 30 minutes @ 200C
- Serve with a light salad or eat by themselves