Germany 4 Argentina 0
Spain 1 Paraguay 0
If Argentina are in a World Cup and you are doing a food related blog you simply have to do Steak for the Argentinian team. If you want to enjoy a steak you got to know how to cook it properly!
Some time ago I spent quite some time finding out how to cook the perfect steak…. steak was always a big let down when I use to cook it….never really got it the way I liked it but I now have it sussed so will break it down what you need to do and how you cook the perfect steak.
How to cook the perfect steak
- Season your Steak with salt & pepper and let stand at room temperature (you want remove your steak from its plastic wrapping and let it sit and get to room temperature, cover with a clean cloth to avoid a hard skin appearing on it)
- Preheat a griddle pan to a medium to high heat
- Rub olive oil into your hands and then directly onto the steak, you then place your oiled steak onto a dry hot pan and cook for the desired time. (The steak above was cooked for 2 minutes each side as they are quite thin and I like a medium steak.)
- You only turn your steak once (for thicker steaks you would turn multiple times but for thin steaks the turn once method is used)
- After it is cooked let the steak rest. This will allow the meat to become warm, moist and tender all the way through. It is best to leave the steak rest for 5-10 minutes in a warm place. The rule of thought it is best to over rest than under rest your steak
- Cut and serve.