Serve with a fresh salad and my Garlic Mozzarella Bread
4 spring onions
1 red onion
1 sweet red pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
200g can of tune in brine
1 red chilli
10 dried cannelloni tubes
250g tub ricotta cheese
1 tbsp of chives (add more or less to taste)
Salt & pepper
125g cottage cheese
150ml natural yoghurt
Pinch of nutmeg
1 ball buffalo mozzarella
Large mixing bowl
Medium mixing bowl
- Finely dice your spring onion, red onion, garlic & chilli (if you are using)
- Deseed and finely chop your red pepper
- Finely chop your chives
- Finely chop your ball of mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 180C
- In a medium heated frying pan heat your olive oil and add your red pepper for a couple of minutes, then add your onions/garlic & chilli and cook for a further 5 minutes. Keeping an eye on it and stirring occasionally
- Remove from pan and place in your large mixing bowl to cool.
- Drain your tuna and then stir into the onion & pepper mixture.
- In a separate mixing bowl add your tub of ricotto cheese and your chives.
- With the finest grater grate the zest & juice of 1 lemon into the mixture.
- Stir completely and add salt & pepper to taste
- Now add this mixture to your tuna mixture.
- In a mixing jug add your cottage cheese, yoghurt & nutmeg to your beaten egg and combine all together
- Lightly oil your oven dish so that your cannelloni will not stick
- With a teaspoon carefully spoon your tuna mixture into the cannelloni tubes then lay out in your prepared oven dish.
- Pour your sauce over the cannelloni and add your chopped mozzarella on top
- Cook in your preheated oven for 20 minutes
- Serve immediately with a light green salad and Garlic Mozzarella Bread
Tip: If your cheese is not golden brown after these 20 minutes you can quickly place under a hot grill